Monday, August 29, 2011

Still another week in Montreal. . .

Walking to the gym...

Rina, a book club member, CSUMB colleague and friend, wanted to know if John ever leaves his desk. Well, here are a few photos to prove that he at least gets up to go to the gym.

The gym entrance...

"Yes, I am away from my desk!"
__________________________________
I am keeping busy with every day stuff and trying to print for a MPC Printmakers' show.  I'm finding, I need paper and a place to print, so I take advantage of my meeting with Wing Chan whom I met last week with Evelyn at Atelier Circulaire.

So, I take the bus to meet Wing at Papier Japonais.



Then on to Atelier Circulaire. 

Building that houses Circulaire

Wing has to work so I poke around to see if I can print there…
Presses and work space


Wing at work, selling paper and supplies


Now that I know I can use a press at Circulaire,
I am motivated to plan out a finished piece with my small blockprints into a larger piece. . .
____________________

The National Library
Finally, I am able to make a successful trip to the National Library -  “Biblioteque et Archives Nationales” - for a card and am able to check out a couple of books.
A book for Quebec and one for #1 Ladies Book Club
_________________________________________

After French class on Saturday, we go to Marché Jean Talon for produce and ???




Marche Jean Talon - très bon
_______________________________


Sunday, we sit at home because of the residual effects of Hurricane Irene.
Glad to be inside watching the windy rain

There’s no food in our fridge but eggs and bread – what to do for dinner.?
I brave the weather for chicken and zucchini.
"Yikes, it's wet!"



____________

Next week...?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment