Monday, September 26, 2011

Just one full week left…


The weather is cooler so the leaves are beginning to turn, and the parks have closed the swimming pool, the tennis courts and the baseball fields.
I think it’s a signal for us to move on.

But before we move on, some last minute errands and projects…

Outside McGill Library

One more trip to the eastside of town… First to McGill library and the book store.


McGill College Ave. to Chapters Bookstore
on St. Catherine









Then to St. Catherine Street for shopping – books at Indigo/Chapters for books, pharmaceuticals at Pharmaprix...












And then just a last walk downtown on the Eastside before meeting Wing for dinner in Chinatown. 
Rue St Catherine Est

Rue St Catherine Est
Chinatown
rue de la Gauchetière oest

Chinatown Gate


Resting at the Chinatown Holiday Inn before meeting
with Wing

 
Dinner at Keung Kee with Wing is great.  Good food: steamed fish, chicken, broccoli beef and duck made for a very delicious, satisfying meal – yum.  John gets to meet Wing and we enjoy ourselves with so much eating and conversing, I forget to take a picture of the evening, so sorry about that.


National Library - UQAM just a block farther...

As John is buying books to read for our next foray, I need some more supplies for my printmaking.  I find out the UQAM art supply store is in one of the UQAM buildings that is next to the National Library where I need to return the books I have been reading, so I go to return my library books and then on to  UQAM for art supplies.  After buying a new baren, water-soluable ink and a few other sundry items, I take the UQAM/Berri metro to Place de Armes for a last walk through the Old Port and go into the Notre Dame cathedral. 

Notre Dame
 


Organ concert - impressive!
It’s quite impressive and very beautiful.  While in the cathedral, there is an organ concert going on adding to the spectical of "Our Lady.".

 _________

Since I have never lived in a community that had good public transportation, I am continually impressed by the Societe de Transport de Montreal (ASTM)



Sherbrook Station toward the #24 bus stop




_________________

 Next week is for reflecting on Montreal and packing for Buenos Aires!

1 comment:

  1. ooh, i really like that Sherbrook Station photo. Artsy. Buenos Aires? for winter? Genius!

    ReplyDelete